BASF's sustainability platform contains three key strategic objectives - to achieve environmental protection, social responsibility and economic success. Waste Management is partnering with BASF to deliver three times over for their Freeport, TX, manufacturing plant. Our expertise in dealing with multiple waste streams, along with our advanced resource-management tools, has been critical in this combined effort.
On the social responsibility front, we have worked with a third-party facility to divert a portion of BASF's non-hazardous solid fuels away from traditional disposal and maximize their value with a fuel reuse program.
We also implemented an alternative technology plan to help BASF properly identify, segregate and manage their hazardous waste fuels. This program not only saves the chemical company by reducing the amount of costly treatment required, it also takes every precaution to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
With these and other aspects of the overall environmental plan in place, BASF can minimize their impact and confidently advance toward the first two goals while discovering an untapped source of value. In 2007 alone, Waste Management's efforts helped BASF realize $1.19M in new and recurring cost savings.
For more information on this and other ways Waste Management can help your company find cost savings through environmental efforts, contact Harry Lamberton, VP, Waste Management at 866-949-9692 or email@example.com
- 2013 Executive Sustainability Forum
- 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open. A zero waste success.
- Creating some financial freedom for Philadelphia.
- Helping Kodak focus their operations uncovers millions of dollars in value.
- Helping Alcoa pick up value right off the floor.
- Partnering with General Motors to turn packaging by-product material into raw material.
- Greenopolis Tracking - founded by a plastic water bottle.
- Introducing one of the best ideas under the sun.
- Plugging more people into e-cycling.
- Helping The Big Green Bus roll on.
- A recycling success that's a mile high.
- Rebooting Dell to go carbon neutral.
- Helping Cascades produce green with green.
- hardison/downey gains LEED® with help from Waste Management's new DART tool.
- Getting juiced about helping Tropicana.
- Generating positive energy with Audubon Arkansas.
- Green power for BMW. What a gas.
- Powering UNH in a smarter way.
- OSHA recognizes Wheelabrator for safety.
- Pioneers in Green Education.