Waste Management has been providing construction debris removal and recycling for hardison/downey construction, inc. during its $125 million project at the University of New Mexico. hardison/downey is building student housing facilities for American Campus Communities.
Included among the services Waste Management has provided, are:
|•||Assistance in qualifying for LEED® certification|
|•||Construction and demolition, waste removal and recycling of cardboard, paper, plastic, metal, drywall, wood, concrete and asphalt|
|•||Regular reporting of diversion rates and ratios using Waste Management's Diversion and Recycling Tracking Tool, DARTsm|
Recycling Culture Improved:
When inappropriate materials, such as organic food waste, have been found within recycling loads, the recycling facility automatically has reloaded the contaminated materials and sent them directly to the landfill. Waste Management has educated hardison/downey's changing crew of construction workers about the negative effects of mixing food waste in containers used for construction debris. Waste Management partnered with hardison/downey to solve the problem by providing incentives for the workers if they attained a 75 percent recycling objective. The response was so positive that workers policed each other, resulting in a recycling level ranging from 85 to 90 percent.
Extra LEED® Credits: The 85-90 percent recycling level that hardison/downey has been able to achieve with Waste Management's help, is enabling the company to earn extra LEED® credits.
Single Point Of Contact: Ernesto Gachupin, Waste Management sales representative, provides a single point of contact. hardison/downey values a partner willing to provide on-site attention and work cooperatively in a consulting role.
For more information on this and other ways Waste Management can help your company find cost savings with our construction solutions, please visit wm.com or contact Celena Friday at 713 287 2694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2013 Executive Sustainability Forum
- 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open. A zero waste success.
- Creating some financial freedom for Philadelphia.
- Helping Kodak focus their operations uncovers millions of dollars in value.
- Helping Alcoa pick up value right off the floor.
- Diversion and resource management creates cost savings for BASF.
- Partnering with General Motors to turn packaging by-product material into raw material.
- Greenopolis Tracking - founded by a plastic water bottle.
- Introducing one of the best ideas under the sun.
- Plugging more people into e-cycling.
- Helping The Big Green Bus roll on.
- A recycling success that's a mile high.
- Rebooting Dell to go carbon neutral.
- Helping Cascades produce green with green.
- Getting juiced about helping Tropicana.
- Generating positive energy with Audubon Arkansas.
- Green power for BMW. What a gas.
- Powering UNH in a smarter way.
- OSHA recognizes Wheelabrator for safety.
- Pioneers in Green Education.