Since 2005, Waste Management's relationship with Eastman Kodak Company has gone from that of a waste service provider to a valued environmental partner. In those years, we have helped the imaging company design and implement programs, creating operational efficiencies and several million dollars in cost savings.
Initially, Waste Management was brought on to outsource Kodak's municipal solid waste and recycling programs at all of Kodak's Rochester, NY, facilities.
As Kodak's focus turned to digital imaging, Waste Management took on a larger environmental role - assisting them in the transforming their facilities at the company's Eastman Business Park in Rochester, through safe demolition disposal, material recycling and commodity reuse of the remains of over 40 obsolete buildings totaling more than six million square feet.
Along with instituting new diversion-oriented programs at the leaner, more-efficient Eastman Business Park, Waste Management created an off-site segregation plan that allowed the company to get more than double their money back for recyclable scrap metal.
In recognition of our efforts, along with our impeccable record of working more than 10,000 hours onsite without an OSHA-recordable incident or environmental release, Waste Management was a recipient of the 2006 Kodak Health, Safety and Environment Supplier Award.
For more information on this and other ways Waste Management can help your company find cost savings through environmental efforts, contact Harry Lamberton, VP, Waste Management at 866-949-9692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2013 Executive Sustainability Forum
- 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open. A zero waste success.
- Creating some financial freedom for Philadelphia.
- Helping Alcoa pick up value right off the floor.
- Diversion and resource management creates cost savings for BASF.
- Partnering with General Motors to turn packaging by-product material into raw material.
- Greenopolis Tracking - founded by a plastic water bottle.
- Introducing one of the best ideas under the sun.
- Plugging more people into e-cycling.
- Helping The Big Green Bus roll on.
- A recycling success that's a mile high.
- Rebooting Dell to go carbon neutral.
- Helping Cascades produce green with green.
- hardison/downey gains LEED® with help from Waste Management's new DART tool.
- Getting juiced about helping Tropicana.
- Generating positive energy with Audubon Arkansas.
- Green power for BMW. What a gas.
- Powering UNH in a smarter way.
- OSHA recognizes Wheelabrator for safety.
- Pioneers in Green Education.