As a result of our commitment to safety, Wheelabrator Technologies was presented with the 2007 Regional Administrator Award and was recognized as part of the Voluntary Protection Program Participants' Association by OSHA.
The Regional Administrator Award is presented annually to companies, individuals or organizations that distinguish themselves through extraordinary contributions, commitment and leadership. The award-winner must also achieve tangible results such as bringing additional sites into the Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
In 2007, Wheelabrator achieved its goal of having all 21 sites certified by OSHA as VPP Star sites. This honor is shared by less than .01% of the nation's worksites.
The VPP process holds managers accountable for worker safety and health, the continual identification and elimination of hazards and the active involvement of employees. Companies in the Star program achieve average injury and illness rates 50% lower than other companies in their industry.
- 2013 Executive Sustainability Forum
- 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open. A zero waste success.
- Creating some financial freedom for Philadelphia.
- Helping Kodak focus their operations uncovers millions of dollars in value.
- Helping Alcoa pick up value right off the floor.
- Diversion and resource management creates cost savings for BASF.
- Partnering with General Motors to turn packaging by-product material into raw material.
- Greenopolis Tracking - founded by a plastic water bottle.
- Introducing one of the best ideas under the sun.
- Plugging more people into e-cycling.
- Helping The Big Green Bus roll on.
- A recycling success that's a mile high.
- Rebooting Dell to go carbon neutral.
- Helping Cascades produce green with green.
- hardison/downey gains LEED® with help from Waste Management's new DART tool.
- Getting juiced about helping Tropicana.
- Generating positive energy with Audubon Arkansas.
- Green power for BMW. What a gas.
- Powering UNH in a smarter way.
- Pioneers in Green Education.