When the City of Denver switched from its cumbersome recycling program to a single-stream approach, the plan was to be an investment in the future and phased in over five years. Working with Waste Management, the results are so positive, the project reached full implementation three years early. After the overwhelming initial response, the city soon became inundated with calls from residents wanting to participate in the new, easier program. The Mayor and the Manager of Public Works sped up funding. Within the first two years, the amount of recyclables increased 61%. It's a true civic success.
To learn more about implementing a community-based recycling program, visit us at wm.com.
- 2013 Executive Sustainability Forum
- 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open. A zero waste success.
- Creating some financial freedom for Philadelphia.
- Helping Kodak focus their operations uncovers millions of dollars in value.
- Helping Alcoa pick up value right off the floor.
- Diversion and resource management creates cost savings for BASF.
- Partnering with General Motors to turn packaging by-product material into raw material.
- Greenopolis Tracking - founded by a plastic water bottle.
- Introducing one of the best ideas under the sun.
- Plugging more people into e-cycling.
- Helping The Big Green Bus roll on.
- Rebooting Dell to go carbon neutral.
- Helping Cascades produce green with green.
- hardison/downey gains LEED® with help from Waste Management's new DART tool.
- Getting juiced about helping Tropicana.
- Generating positive energy with Audubon Arkansas.
- Green power for BMW. What a gas.
- Powering UNH in a smarter way.
- OSHA recognizes Wheelabrator for safety.
- Pioneers in Green Education.